Think GreenIn honor of St. Patty's Day, let's take a trip down memory lane to Carla (Big Bird) and visit her green eggs and ham recipe.
4 egg whites
1/2 cup spinach
4 quail yolks
8 oz. country ham or thick slice center cut bacon, diced
1/2 avocado, small dice
1 green tomato, small dice, skin sides only
1 jalapeno, small dice
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chives, snipped finely
Salt and pepper
1 jalapeno, roasted and peeled
1. Blend the spinach with 2 egg whites. Whisk into the remaining 2 egg whites.
2. In a cold skillet sprayed with oil and on low heat, pour in the spinach mixture.
3. Gently spoon the quail yolk into the center of the egg whites. Cook until whites are set.
4. In another saute pan, cook bacon or ham. Drain pieces on a paper towel. Toss bacon with chives.
5. Brush brioche with clarified butter. Toast in medium skillet.
6. Create parsley-jalapeno oil by blending 1 cup parsley, and roasted jalapeno with 1cup oil, and add salt.
7. Combine jalapeno oil and all the ingredients for salsa. Season to taste.
8. Serve each green egg with diced bacon, salsa and toast.
Or, if you prefer the easy route, ignore all steps above and put some green food coloring in your pan - bada bing - you've got green eggs!