Springin' Into SeasonMost of us are probably still affected by the horrible daylight savings time in which we’re all dragging since we’re minus one hour. But, today marks mid-March – aka we’re almost in full Spring bloom. I’ve seen some of the lovely flowers in the supermarket and the Farmer’s Markets are upon us.
Let’s be sure we take advantage of some of the seasonal fruits and veggies that are ripe and cheap. For Northern California, here is a listing of seasonal veggies. Next time you’re in the supermarket, be sure to look out for the following fruits and vegetables:
- Beets (these unfortunate veggies are good all year round)
- Brussel Sprouts (I love grilling these and adding just a pinch of S&P – yum!)
- Kiwi (we’re catching the tail end of its season)
- Mandarins (you can by a whole carton for a couple bucks)
- Squash (also the tail end of this one)
Also, check out here for tips on how to tell if your picking out a healthy fruit or vegetable.